1. The Constant Victim - This kind of individual will always finds a way to end up as a victim in their relationships.
2. One-Upmanship Expert – This person uses put downs, snide remarks and criticisms, to show that they’re superior, and know much more than you.
3. Powerful Dependents – They hide behind the mask of being weak and powerless – then use their helplessness to dominate relationships. That is, they send the subtle message “you must not let me down.”
4. Triangulators – This person tries to get other people on their side. They’re quick to put you down, and to say some nasty things. They separate good friends or drive a wedge in families.
5. The Blasters – They blast you with their anger or they blow up suddenly. That stops you asking questions - in case there’s a showdown.
6. The Projector – This person thinks they’re perfect and others have the flaws. They take no ownership – because they’re never, ever wrong.
7. The Deliberate Mis-Interpreter – They seem like a nice person – but they twist and use your words. They spread misinformation and misinterpret you. Thus, they deliberately present you in a false, negative way.
8. The Flirt – This person uses flirting to get their way in life. They want to be admired and to have an audience. However, your feelings and your needs are of no concern to them.
9. The Iron Fist – They use intimidation and throw their weight around, to use you for their ends, and to get their way in life.
10. The Multiple Offender – This person uses several of the techniques we’ve described – and they’ll often switch between them if it suits their purposes.
We asked twenty strangers to kiss for the first time….
Actors & Actresses accidentally swearing when they’re not meant to.
I’m writing my essay on cyber-bullying right now
and there was this article that said “anon hate hurts us because when we read it, we don’t hear the attacker’s voice, we hear our own”
and that’s a really good observation.
why do people say “don’t be a pussy” when talking about weakness more like “don’t be a man’s ego” because you know there isn’t nothing more fragile than that
because “pussy” is the shortened form of the word “pusillanimous”, which means “timid, cowardly”
and not the slang word for the female genital region?
literally no one else knows this. nobody.
The reason no one else knows this is because it’s not true.
It’s fine to call someone or something pusillanimous if they’re acting timid or cowardly, but there’s no etymological connection between the words pusillanimous and pussy*. It’s a false cognate.
* I apologize for the terrible font on that web page.
Trans women of color are magical, powerful, skilled and wise, yet there is still no international network for us. This network gathering will change that.
We still have $13,978 to meet our fundraising goal and just over two weeks. Please help us meet this goal. In organizing this network gathering, it’s been clear to me why this is so historic and important, why I’ve never heard of a gathering like this before (and please correct me if I’m wrong about that), it’s because so many trans women of color are struggling with multiple oppressions. The coordinators of this gathering are all making an intense personal effort in difficult times to make this happen. We realize that this won’t happen unless we can fund most of the travel costs for participants in this gathering.
If you believe that trans women of color and non-binary trans feminine people of colour as well, which includes, but isn’t limited to, people of colour who identify as bakla, hijra, fa’fafine, third gender, genderqueer, should have a day to meet each other face to face and imagine our collective futures, then please donate, ask your friends to donate, and help us spread the word.
If you believe in the visionary politics of the Allied Media Conference that starts by listening, proceeds by assuming our power instead of our powerlessless and creates a space for imagining the future, then ask yourself who gets to imagine the future and why, and help us bring more trans women of color into the conversation.
And lastly, if you want to help us build a network of connected trans women of color who will work for all oppressed people’s liberation by working for their own, then help make that network a reality by donating, asking your friends and organizations to donate and spreading the word everywhere!
17 days left people. Let’s make this happen.
hey queers who talk big shit about caring about TWOC - put your money where your mouth is!